[VOTE] Release 1.5.4, release candidate #1

[VOTE] Release 1.5.4, release candidate #1

Till Rohrmann
Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 1.5.4,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key
with fingerprint 1F302569A96CFFD5 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.5.4-rc1" [5],
* website pull request listing the new release and adding announcement
blog post [6].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12343899
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.5.4/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181
[5] https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/release-1.5.4-rc1
[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/123

Cheers,
Till

Pro-tip: you can create a settings.xml file with these contents:

<settings>
<activeProfiles>
  <activeProfile>flink-1.6.0</activeProfile>
</activeProfiles>
<profiles>
  <profile>
    <id>flink-1.6.0</id>
    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>flink-1.6.0</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1178/>
        </url>
      </repository>
      <repository>
        <id>archetype</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1178/>
        </url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>
  </profile>
</profiles>
</settings>

And reference that in your maven commands via --settings
path/to/settings.xml. This is useful for creating a quickstart based on the
staged release and for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.4, release candidate #1

Fabian Hueske-2
+1 binding

* I checked the diffs and did not find any added dependencies or updated
dependency versions.
* I checked the sha hash and signatures of all release artifacts.

Best, Fabian

> Hi everyone,
> Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 1.5.4,
> as follows:
> [ ] +1, Approve the release
> [ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>

> The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
> * JIRA release notes [1],
> * the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
> deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key
> with fingerprint 1F302569A96CFFD5 [3],
> * all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
> * source code tag "release-1.5.4-rc1" [5],
> * website pull request listing the new release and adding announcement
> blog post [6].
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
> approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.
>
> [1]
> projectId=12315522&version=12343899
> [2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.5.4/
> [3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
> [4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181
> [5] https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/release-1.5.4-rc1
> [6] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/123
>
> Cheers,
> Till
>
> Pro-tip: you can create a settings.xml file with these contents:
>
> <settings>
> <activeProfiles>
>   <activeProfile>flink-1.6.0</activeProfile>
> </activeProfiles>
> <profiles>
>   <profile>
>     <id>flink-1.6.0</id>
>     <repositories>
>       <repository>
>         <id>flink-1.6.0</id>
>         <url>
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181/
> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1178/>
>         </url>
>       </repository>
>       <repository>
>         <id>archetype</id>
>         <url>
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181/
> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1178/>
>         </url>
>       </repository>
>     </repositories>
>   </profile>
> </profiles>
> </settings>
>
> And reference that in your maven commands via --settings
> path/to/settings.xml. This is useful for creating a quickstart based on the
> staged release and for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.4, release candidate #1

Gary Yao
+1 (non-binding)

Ran test suite from the flink-jepsen project on AWS EC2 without issues.

Best,
Gary

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:02 PM, Fabian Hueske <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> >         </url>
> >       </repository>
> >       <repository>
> >         <id>archetype</id>
> >         <url>
> >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181/
> > <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1178/
> >
> >         </url>
> >       </repository>
> >     </repositories>
> >   </profile>
> > </profiles>
> > </settings>
> >
> > And reference that in your maven commands via --settings
> > path/to/settings.xml. This is useful for creating a quickstart based on
> the
> > staged release and for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.4, release candidate #1

Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai
+1 (binding)

- Verified checksums / signatures
- Checked announcement PR in flink-web
- No new / changed dependencies
- Built from source (Hadoop-free, Scala 2.11)
- Run end-to-end tests locally, passes

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 5:03 AM Fabian Hueske <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> >         </url>
> >       </repository>
> >       <repository>
> >         <id>archetype</id>
> >         <url>
> >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181/
> > <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1178/
> >
> >         </url>
> >       </repository>
> >     </repositories>
> >   </profile>
> > </profiles>
> > </settings>
> >
> > And reference that in your maven commands via --settings
> > path/to/settings.xml. This is useful for creating a quickstart based on
> the
> > staged release and for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.4, release candidate #1

Timo Walther-2
+1 (binding)

- Checked all issues that went into the release (I found one JIRA issue
that has been incorrectly marked)
- Built from source (On my machine SelfJoinDeadlockITCase is failing due
to a timeout, in the IDE it works correctly. I guess my machine was just
too busy.)
- Run some end-to-end tests locally with success

Regards,
Timo

Am 20.09.18 um 11:24 schrieb Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai:

> [...]
>>>
>>>          </url>
>>>        </repository>
>>>        <repository>
>>>          <id>archetype</id>
>>>          <url>
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181/
>>> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1178/
>>>
>>>          </url>
>>>        </repository>
>>>      </repositories>
>>>    </profile>
>>> </profiles>
>>> </settings>
>>>
>>> And reference that in your maven commands via --settings
>>> path/to/settings.xml. This is useful for creating a quickstart based on
>> the
>>> staged release and for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.4, release candidate #1

- Verified checksums and signatures
- Ran all end-to-end tests
- Executed Jepsen test suite (including test for standby JobManager)
- Build Flink from sources
- Verified that no new dependencies were added

Cheers,
Till

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM Timo Walther <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> - Checked all issues that went into the release (I found one JIRA issue
> that has been incorrectly marked)
> - Built from source (On my machine SelfJoinDeadlockITCase is failing due
> to a timeout, in the IDE it works correctly. I guess my machine was just
> too busy.)
> - Run some end-to-end tests locally with success
>
> Regards,
> Timo
>

> Am 20.09.18 um 11:24 schrieb Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai:
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > - Verified checksums / signatures
> > - Checked announcement PR in flink-web
> > - No new / changed dependencies
> > - Built from source (Hadoop-free, Scala 2.11)
> > - Run end-to-end tests locally, passes
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 5:03 AM Fabian Hueske <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> +1 binding
> >>
> >> * I checked the diffs and did not find any added dependencies or updated
> >> dependency versions.
> >> * I checked the sha hash and signatures of all release artifacts.
> >>
> >> Best, Fabian

> 1.5.4,

> >> be

> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181/
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1178/

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1181/
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1178/

> >> the

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.4, release candidate #1

Till Rohrmann
Thanks everyone for testing and voting on this RC. Hereby I close the vote.
The result will be announced in a separate thread.

Cheers,
Till