FlinkML on slack

12

FlinkML on slack

Stavros Kontopoulos
Hi all,

We took the initiative to create the organization for FlinkML on slack
(thnx Eron).
There is now a channel for model-serving
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
Another is coming for flink-jpmml.
You are invited to join the channels and the efforts. @Gabor @Theo please
consider adding channels for the other efforts there as well.

FlinkMS on Slack <https://flinkml.slack.com/> (https://flinkml.slack.com/)

Details for the efforts here: Flink Roadmap doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3Ud06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>

Github <https://github.com/FlinkML> (https://github.com/FlinkML)

Stavros

Re: FlinkML on slack

Aljoscha Krettek-2
Hi,

Is the slack invite based? If yes, could you please send me one?

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 7. Jun 2017, at 21:56, Stavros Kontopoulos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We took the initiative to create the organization for FlinkML on slack
> (thnx Eron).
> There is now a channel for model-serving
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
> Another is coming for flink-jpmml.
> You are invited to join the channels and the efforts. @Gabor @Theo please
> consider adding channels for the other efforts there as well.
>
> FlinkMS on Slack <https://flinkml.slack.com/> (https://flinkml.slack.com/)
>
> Details for the efforts here: Flink Roadmap doc
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3Ud06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>
>
> Github <https://github.com/FlinkML> (https://github.com/FlinkML)
>

> Stavros

Re: FlinkML on slack

Stavros Kontopoulos
Hi Aljoscha,

Slack is invite only to the best of my knowledge, I just sent you an
invitation.

Best,
Stavros

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is the slack invite based? If yes, could you please send me one?
>
> Best,
> Aljoscha
>
> > On 7. Jun 2017, at 21:56, Stavros Kontopoulos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We took the initiative to create the organization for FlinkML on slack
> > (thnx Eron).
> > There is now a channel for model-serving
> > <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0
> fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
> > Another is coming for flink-jpmml.
> > You are invited to join the channels and the efforts. @Gabor @Theo please
> > consider adding channels for the other efforts there as well.
> >
> > FlinkMS on Slack <https://flinkml.slack.com/> (
> https://flinkml.slack.com/)
> >
> > Details for the efforts here: Flink Roadmap doc
> > <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3U
> d06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>
> >
> > Github <https://github.com/FlinkML> (https://github.com/FlinkML)
> >

> > Stavros

Re: FlinkML on slack

Aljoscha Krettek-2
Thanks!

> On 8. Jun 2017, at 11:21, Stavros Kontopoulos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Aljoscha,
>
> Slack is invite only to the best of my knowledge, I just sent you an
> invitation.
>
> Best,
> Stavros
>

> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is the slack invite based? If yes, could you please send me one?
>>
>> Best,
>> Aljoscha
>>
>>> On 7. Jun 2017, at 21:56, Stavros Kontopoulos <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We took the initiative to create the organization for FlinkML on slack
>>> (thnx Eron).
>>> There is now a channel for model-serving
>>> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0
>> fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
>>> Another is coming for flink-jpmml.
>>> You are invited to join the channels and the efforts. @Gabor @Theo please
>>> consider adding channels for the other efforts there as well.
>>>
>>> FlinkMS on Slack <https://flinkml.slack.com/> (
>> https://flinkml.slack.com/)
>>>
>>> Details for the efforts here: Flink Roadmap doc
>>> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3U
>> d06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>
>>>
>>> Github <https://github.com/FlinkML> (https://github.com/FlinkML)
>>>

>>> Stavros

Re: FlinkML on slack

Till Rohrmann
HI Stavros,

could you also send me an invite. Thanks.

Cheers,
Till

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> > On 8. Jun 2017, at 11:21, Stavros Kontopoulos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Aljoscha,
> >
> > Slack is invite only to the best of my knowledge, I just sent you an
> > invitation.
> >
> > Best,
> > Stavros
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is the slack invite based? If yes, could you please send me one?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Aljoscha

> [hidden email]>

> >> fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
> please

> >> https://flinkml.slack.com/)

> >> d06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>

Re: FlinkML on slack

Stavros Kontopoulos
@Till done. I am thinking that slack is a bit inconvenient with the
self-invite restriction, people often use
https://github.com/rauchg/slackinas as a workaround. I raised the question
on slack if it makes sense to move to gitter or stay with slack for now (as
any in the slack team can also send invitations).

Stavros

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Till Rohrmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Stavros,
>
> could you also send me an invite. Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Till
>
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks!
> >
> > > On 8. Jun 2017, at 11:21, Stavros Kontopoulos <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Aljoscha,
> > >
> > > Slack is invite only to the best of my knowledge, I just sent you an
> > > invitation.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Stavros

> > [hidden email]>

> slack
> > please

Re: FlinkML on slack

Pattarawat Chormai
Hi Stavros,

Could you please also send me an invitation?

Best,
Pat

> On Jun 8, 2017, at 11:46 AM, Stavros Kontopoulos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> @Till done. I am thinking that slack is a bit inconvenient with the
> self-invite restriction, people often use
> https://github.com/rauchg/slackinas as a workaround. I raised the question
> on slack if it makes sense to move to gitter or stay with slack for now (as
> any in the slack team can also send invitations).
>
> Stavros
>
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Till Rohrmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> HI Stavros,
>>
>> could you also send me an invite. Thanks.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Till
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks!

>> [hidden email]>

>>> [hidden email]>

>> slack
>>> please

Re: FlinkML on slack

Roberto Bentivoglio
Hi Pat,

I've sent you the invitation.

Best,
Roberto

--
Roberto Bentivoglio

Radicalbit S.r.l.

Re: FlinkML on slack

Ted Yu
Hi Stavros,
Can you add me as well ?

Thanks

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We took the initiative to create the organization for FlinkML on slack
> (thnx Eron).
> There is now a channel for model-serving
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0
> fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
> Another is coming for flink-jpmml.
> You are invited to join the channels and the efforts. @Gabor @Theo please
> consider adding channels for the other efforts there as well.
>
> FlinkMS on Slack <https://flinkml.slack.com/> (https://flinkml.slack.com/)
>
> Details for the efforts here: Flink Roadmap doc
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3U
> d06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>
>
> Github <https://github.com/FlinkML> (https://github.com/FlinkML)
>

> Stavros

Re: FlinkML on slack

Stavros Kontopoulos
@Ted Yu sure.

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Ted Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stavros,
> Can you add me as well ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We took the initiative to create the organization for FlinkML on slack
> > (thnx Eron).
> > There is now a channel for model-serving
> > <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0
> > fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
> > Another is coming for flink-jpmml.
> > You are invited to join the channels and the efforts. @Gabor @Theo please
> > consider adding channels for the other efforts there as well.
> >
> > FlinkMS on Slack <https://flinkml.slack.com/> (
> https://flinkml.slack.com/)
> >
> > Details for the efforts here: Flink Roadmap doc
> > <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3U
> > d06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>
> >
> > Github <https://github.com/FlinkML> (https://github.com/FlinkML)
> >

> > Stavros

Re: FlinkML on slack

Robert Metzger
I'm happy to see efforts towards machine learning on Apache Flink within
the community!

I think its okay to have a GitHub repository for the ML stuff, but there
are some rules by the ASF you have to follow:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#products

As immediate steps, I would remove the Flink logo from the GitHub orga and
add a disclaimer to the flink-modelserver repo.
Also, I think it would be helpful to put a disclaimer (maybe into the orga
description) that it is not an official Apache project.

One last thing: I haven't completely forgotten the "repo split" discussion
we had a while back. Maybe we could really start by just putting the ML
library into a separate repo.
Now that Theo is a committer, it should be easier to commit code from the
entire ML crew into the repo.

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> @Ted Yu sure.
>
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Ted Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Stavros,
> > Can you add me as well ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > We took the initiative to create the organization for FlinkML on slack
> > > (thnx Eron).
> > > There is now a channel for model-serving
> > > <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0
> > > fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
> > > Another is coming for flink-jpmml.
> > > You are invited to join the channels and the efforts. @Gabor @Theo
> please
> > > consider adding channels for the other efforts there as well.
> > >
> > > FlinkMS on Slack <https://flinkml.slack.com/> (
> > https://flinkml.slack.com/)
> > >
> > > Details for the efforts here: Flink Roadmap doc
> > > <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3U
> > > d06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>
> > >
> > > Github <https://github.com/FlinkML> (https://github.com/FlinkML)
> > >

> > > Stavros

Re: FlinkML on slack

Theodore Vasiloudis
Thank you for the guidelines Robert, I've replaced the Flink logo with a
placeholder image.

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Robert Metzger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm happy to see efforts towards machine learning on Apache Flink within
> the community!
>
> I think its okay to have a GitHub repository for the ML stuff, but there
> are some rules by the ASF you have to follow: https://www.apache.org/
> foundation/marks/faq/#products
>
> As immediate steps, I would remove the Flink logo from the GitHub orga and
> add a disclaimer to the flink-modelserver repo.
> Also, I think it would be helpful to put a disclaimer (maybe into the orga
> description) that it is not an official Apache project.
>
> One last thing: I haven't completely forgotten the "repo split" discussion
> we had a while back. Maybe we could really start by just putting the ML
> library into a separate repo.
> Now that Theo is a committer, it should be easier to commit code from the
> entire ML crew into the repo.
>

> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> @Ted Yu sure.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Ted Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Stavros,
>> > Can you add me as well ?
>> >
>> > Thanks

>> please

>> > https://flinkml.slack.com/)

Re: FlinkML on slack

Tao Meng
Could invite me into slack ?

Stavros Kontopoulos <[hidden email]>于2017年6月8日周四 上午3:56写道:

> Hi all,
>
> We took the initiative to create the organization for FlinkML on slack
> (thnx Eron).
> There is now a channel for model-serving
> <
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#
> >.
> Another is coming for flink-jpmml.
> You are invited to join the channels and the efforts. @Gabor @Theo please
> consider adding channels for the other efforts there as well.
>
> FlinkMS on Slack <https://flinkml.slack.com/> (https://flinkml.slack.com/)
>
> Details for the efforts here: Flink Roadmap doc
> <
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3Ud06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#
> >

> Github <https://github.com/FlinkML> (https://github.com/FlinkML)
>

> Stavros

Re: FlinkML on slack

Pattarawat Chormai
Hi Roberto,

Thanks!

Best,
Pat

> On Jun 8, 2017, at 4:01 PM, Roberto Bentivoglio <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Pat,
>
> I've sent you the invitation.
>
> Best,
> Roberto
>
> On 8 June 2017 at 15:46, Pattarawat Chormai <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stavros,
>>
>> Could you please also send me an invitation?
>>
>> Best,
>> Pat
>>
>>> On Jun 8, 2017, at 11:46 AM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> @Till done. I am thinking that slack is a bit inconvenient with the
>>> self-invite restriction, people often use
>>> https://github.com/rauchg/slackinas as a workaround. I raised the
>> question
>>> on slack if it makes sense to move to gitter or stay with slack for now
>> (as
>>> any in the slack team can also send invitations).
>>>
>>> Stavros

>> [hidden email]

> --
> Roberto Bentivoglio
>
> Radicalbit S.r.l.

Re: FlinkML on slack

Henry Saputra
Hi Stavros,

Could you also send me invite to the Slack?

My email is [hidden email]

Thanks,

Henry

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 2:21 AM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Aljoscha,
>
> Slack is invite only to the best of my knowledge, I just sent you an
> invitation.
>
> Best,
> Stavros
>

> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is the slack invite based? If yes, could you please send me one?
> >
> > Best,
> > Aljoscha
> >
> > > On 7. Jun 2017, at 21:56, Stavros Kontopoulos <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > We took the initiative to create the organization for FlinkML on slack
> > > (thnx Eron).
> > > There is now a channel for model-serving
> > > <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0
> > fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
> > > Another is coming for flink-jpmml.
> > > You are invited to join the channels and the efforts. @Gabor @Theo
> please
> > > consider adding channels for the other efforts there as well.
> > >
> > > FlinkMS on Slack <https://flinkml.slack.com/> (
> > https://flinkml.slack.com/)
> > >
> > > Details for the efforts here: Flink Roadmap doc
> > > <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3U
> > d06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>
> > >
> > > Github <https://github.com/FlinkML> (https://github.com/FlinkML)
> > >

> > > Stavros

Re: FlinkML on slack

Stavros Kontopoulos
@Henry @Tao @Martin invitations sent... Thnx @Theo for handling the Apache
compliance issues.

Best,
Stavros

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Henry Saputra <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Stavros,
>
> Could you also send me invite to the Slack?
>
> My email is [hidden email]
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry
>

> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 2:21 AM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Aljoscha,
> >
> > Slack is invite only to the best of my knowledge, I just sent you an
> > invitation.
> >
> > Best,
> > Stavros
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is the slack invite based? If yes, could you please send me one?
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Aljoscha

> > [hidden email]>

> slack
> > > fdEXPsPYPEywsE/edit#>.
> > please

> > > https://flinkml.slack.com/)

> > > d06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit#>

Re: FlinkML on slack

Ziyad Muhammed
Hi Stavros

Could you please send me an invite to the slack channel?

Best
Ziyad

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 1:53 AM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> @Henry @Tao @Martin invitations sent... Thnx @Theo for handling the Apache
> compliance issues.
>
> Best,
> Stavros
>
> On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Henry Saputra <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Stavros,
> >
> > Could you also send me invite to the Slack?
> >
> > My email is [hidden email]
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Henry
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 2:21 AM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Aljoscha,
> > >
> > > Slack is invite only to the best of my knowledge, I just sent you an
> > > invitation.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Stavros

> > > [hidden email]>

> > slack
> > > please

Re: FlinkML on slack

Stavros Kontopoulos
Ziyad added.

Stavros

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Ziyad Muhammed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stavros
>
> Could you please send me an invite to the slack channel?
>
> Best
> Ziyad
>

> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 1:53 AM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > @Henry @Tao @Martin invitations sent... Thnx @Theo for handling the
> Apache
> > compliance issues.
> >
> > Best,
> > Stavros
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Henry Saputra <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Stavros,
> > >
> > > Could you also send me invite to the Slack?
> > >
> > > My email is [hidden email]
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Henry

> [hidden email]

> > > slack
> 1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0
> @Theo

> 1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3U

Re: FlinkML on slack

Lokesh Amarnath
Hi Stravros,

Could you also please add me to the Slack channel? My email id is:
[hidden email].

Thanks,
Lokesh

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 6:27 PM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ziyad added.
>
> Stavros
>
> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Ziyad Muhammed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Stavros
> >
> > Could you please send me an invite to the slack channel?
> >
> > Best
> > Ziyad
> >

> > On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 1:53 AM, Stavros Kontopoulos <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > @Henry @Tao @Martin invitations sent... Thnx @Theo for handling the
> > Apache
> > > compliance issues.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Stavros
> > >
> > > On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Henry Saputra <
> [hidden email]

> an

> > [hidden email]

> on
> > 1CjWL9aLxPrKytKxUF5c3ohs0ickp0
> > @Theo

> > 1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc49h3U

> https://github.com/FlinkML)

Re: FlinkML on slack

Andrew Psaltis
Hi Stravros,
Can you please invite me to the FlinkML slack channel as well.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew

Subscribe to my book: Streaming Data <http://manning.com/psaltis>