[DISCUSS] Flink security improvements

Shuyi Chen
Hi community,

I would like to propose a few improvements in Flink security regarding
scalability and extensibility. Here is the proposal:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10V7LiNlUJKeKZ58mkR7oVv1t6BrC6TZi3FGf2Dm6-i8/edit?usp=sharing

Comments are highly appreciated. Please let me know what the next step will
be.

Thanks a lot
Shuyi

"So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."

Re: [DISCUSS] Flink security improvements

Shuyi Chen
Hi Eron, thanks a lot for taking a look at the proposal, the comments are
very useful. I've updated the document to address your concerns. Could you
please help take another look, and suggest what the next step is? Highly
appreciated.

Shuyi

"So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."

Re: [DISCUSS] Flink security improvements

Shuyi Chen
Ping :)

"So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."

Re: [DISCUSS] Flink security improvements

Till Rohrmann
Hi Shuyi,

sorry for the unresponsiveness on your proposal. Currently, the community
is strongly focused on fixing and testing Flink 1.5 so that we can release
it soon. My gut feeling is that the community will pick up the security
improvements thread once most of the blocking issues are resolved. Please
bear with us until then.

Cheers,
Till

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 1:05 AM, Shuyi Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ping :)
>
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Shuyi Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Eron, thanks a lot for taking a look at the proposal, the comments are
> > very useful. I've updated the document to address your concerns. Could
> you
> > please help take another look, and suggest what the next step is? Highly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Shuyi
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 4:19 AM, Shuyi Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi community,
> >>
> >> I would like to propose a few improvements in Flink security regarding
> >> scalability and extensibility. Here is the proposal:
> >>
> >> https://docs.google.com/document/d/10V7LiNlUJKeKZ58mkR7oVv1t
> >> 6BrC6TZi3FGf2Dm6-i8/edit?usp=sharing
> >>
> >> Comments are highly appreciated. Please let me know what the next step
> >> will be.
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot
> >> Shuyi
> >>
> >> --
> >> "So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your
> future."
> >>

> > --
> > "So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."

> "So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."

Re: [DISCUSS] Flink security improvements

Eron Wright-2
Please accept my apologies also.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 2:46 AM, Till Rohrmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Shuyi,
>
> sorry for the unresponsiveness on your proposal. Currently, the community
> is strongly focused on fixing and testing Flink 1.5 so that we can release
> it soon. My gut feeling is that the community will pick up the security
> improvements thread once most of the blocking issues are resolved. Please
> bear with us until then.
>
> Cheers,
> Till
>
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 1:05 AM, Shuyi Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Ping :)
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Shuyi Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Eron, thanks a lot for taking a look at the proposal, the comments
> are
> > > very useful. I've updated the document to address your concerns. Could
> > you
> > > please help take another look, and suggest what the next step is?
> Highly
> > > appreciated.
> > >
> > > Shuyi

> > future."
> > >>

> > > --
> > > "So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your
> future."
> > >

> > --
> > "So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."

Re: [DISCUSS] Flink security improvements

Shuyi Chen
Thanks a lot, Till and Eron, for the updates. I'll try to pin this thread
after 1.5 release.

Also let me know how I can help more with Flink 1.5. I am currently working
on adding e2e test for kerberos and cassandra.

--
"So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."