[DISCUSS] FLIP-8: Rescalable Non-Partitioned State

[DISCUSS] FLIP-8: Rescalable Non-Partitioned State – Hey all! I've created a short FLIP for rescalable non-partitioned state: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-8%3A+Rescala...
Hi Ufuk, Thanks for the great proposal I think this will be a very cool feature :) Option 1: I think the main problem here is sending all t...
Comments inline. On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Gyula Fóra <gyula.fora@...> wrote: > Option 1: > I think the main problem here ...
Hi, Let me try to explain what I mean by broadcast states. I think it is a very common pattern that people broadcast control messages to oper...
Hi Gyula, I was thinking about this as well, in the context of side-inputs, which would be a generalization of your use case. If I'm not mistake...
Hi Aljoscha, Yes this is pretty much how I think about it as well. Basically the state in this case would be computed from the side inputs ...
I will update the design doc with more details for the Checkpointed variants and remove Option 2 (I think that's an orthogonal thing). The way...
Hi, Yes I think it makes sense. :) Gyula On Fri, Aug 12, 2016, 17:02 Ufuk Celebi <uce@...> wrote: > I will update the design do...
Hi, I think we have to rethink a bit how the state interfaces work. Having an interface where you snapshot a type T and restore a type T are not...